8 Super Easy Cleaning Hacks That Will Make Your Bathroom Look AMAZING
- June 6, 2017
- Murphy Team Voice
1. Getting your bathroom fixtures shiny and looking like new can be a time-consuming project, but this hack makes it easy.
Put a few drops of baby oil onto a damp cloth and then wipe down your steel or chrome sink fixtures. The oil will add shine and also help prevent scum and lime build up. Don’t use too much or your fixtures will be greasy.
2. To easily clean your shower curtain…
Just throw it into the washing machine with a couple of towels and run it on the gentle cycle. Pour in a half cup of baking soda during the wash cycle, and a half cup of vinegar during the rinse cycle for best results.
3. Tea is another multipurpose item and can be a great item to use when cleaning your bathroom.
Use black tea which contains tannic acid which can dissolve dirt and grime. Put the tea in a spray bottle and mist your mirrors and windows. Then scrub with a lint-free cloth.
4. PAM spray can be used to scrub away soap scum.
Simply spray your shower down with the spray, let it sit for five minutes and rinse it away with soapy water.
5. If your shower head has become clogged by lime build up, this is a simple and effective method of cleaning it.
Fill a plastic bag with vinegar and attach it to your shower head with an elastic band. For best results leave it overnight.
6. Lemon is an amazing fruit for cleaning.
Cut it into halves and scrub away lime and grime spots on the faucet. The acid in the lemon cleans and dissolves the buildup on the metal, and your bathroom will smell amazing.
7. The mildew in the grout can be very difficult to clean.
There are natural cleaners like lemon and vinegar, but these mildew stains are pretty stubborn. Instead, you can get a few feet of cotton beauty coil and soak it in bleach. Then with protective gloves, press the bleached coil into the moldy crevices of the shower. Let it sit overnight and rinse it with thoroughly with water.
8. The last easy cleaning hack is how to clean your drain.
Just grab some vinegar and baking soda. Pour a pot of boiling water down the drain, then put half a cup of baking soda and let it sit for five minutes. Pour a mixture of one cup vinegar and one cup hot water down the drain. Seal it, and after ten minutes pour more hot water down to clean it all out.