- September 27, 2016
- Murphy Team Voice
- Comments are off
Fall Maintenance Tips:
- Check carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms and put in fresh batteries.
- Clean and replace filters in your furnace or heating system.
- Clean range hood filters to avoid possible grease fires.
- Test garage door and grease tracks as needed
- Clear gutters of spring and fall foliage.
- Inspect and insulate pipes to protect them from freezing.
Following some basic tips will help your home run efficiently while extending the life of major systems. But…if you need us, I’m here to help!
In case of an emergency, all the adults in your household should know where the following controls are located and how to turn them off:
- Heating fuel main shutoff.
- Main electrical fuse/breaker box.
- Main water shutoff.
- Water shutoff valve for toilets, sink faucets, and your washing machine.
Keep a wrench nearby each of the vital shutoff valves. Every home should also have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and in the garage.